Russia is willing to expand list of Nord Stream 2 partners from Europe

logo russianconstruction.com
Russia is willing to expand list of Nord Stream 2 partners from Europe
Tags: Photo source:

Russian President Vladimir Putin has announced on the sidelines of 2018 SPIEF that Russia is ready to expand the membership of Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project with new companies from Europe.

“The French company Engie, as far as I know, is involved in Nord Stream 2. We will welcome other participants, including Total. We can expand this list with other European companies because this project is really a pan-European one”, Vladimir Putin said.
The President of Russia has noted that the Russian authorities are aware of a struggle against this project, which is dictated by “considerations of competition”. In particular, the USA wants to supply liquefied natural gas (LNG) to Europe. In addition, Putin has added, there are also geopolitical issues, including that of gas transit through Ukraine.
“I have already said this and I want to reiterate: we are not going to close transit through Ukraine if it is economically expedient. We are ready for negotiations with our Ukrainian partners”, Putin stressed.

SIMILAR PUBLICATIONS

Partners