At a stadium, which is under construction in Saint Petersburg, a passage between grandstands caught fire, Life TV channel reports on Friday.
The builders were carrying out welding works, as a result of which a spark got on the grandstands. The spark started the fire, which was localized by the workers themselves.
Construction of the sports facility was launched in 2007. Commissioning term and the cost of the object have been repeatedly reconsidered. Initially, the contractor planned to put the object into operation in 2009 and its cost amounted to 6,7 bln roubles. Now, this figure has exceeded 34 bln roubles.
According to the schedule, the construction work is to be completed in December 2016.